Director of Strategic Information (DSI) – Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria
Job Type – Full Time
Experience – 8 years
Qualification – BA/BSc/HND, MBA/MSc/MA
Job Field – Media / Advertising / Branding
- Supervises all SI granting activities across supported states.
- Help community agencies to track, record, and evaluate the performance of their programs and activities related to tuberculosis, and ensure data quality.
- He/she will be liaising with appropriate professional advisors and colleagues responsible for the SI functions at the state and IGA levels.
- Ensure coordination of the monitoring and evaluation with national data systems.
- Offer technical guidance on monitoring and evaluation processes to the state team, including performance indicator development, annual target setting, monitoring project progress against yearly targets, ensuring timely data collection, quarterly and yearly report generation.
- Participate in programs improving the health sector.
- Supervising the creation and regular analysis of reporting procedures for programs.
- Create matrices of indicators according to the project’s indicator requirements.
- Supervising the production of all program reports, including quarterly, semi-annual, and annual progress reports on USAID.
- Supervising the production of project Performance Monitoring and M&E plans.
- Ensure that the demand and use of data within the state system are institutionalized by the use of run charts, gap reports, and site fact sheets.
- Represent the Institute of Human Virology at meetings on Monitoring & Evaluation related matters with funders, the Government of Nigeria, and other stakeholders.
- Provide policy agencies with strategic technical assistance and broader state analysis on state-level ideas, policies, and methods for monitoring and assessment.
- Carry out such tasks as delegated by the Chief of party
Check These Out Also
- Surveillance Support Officers Job – NCDC recruitment 2020
- NCDC recruitment 2020 – Surveillance Data Clerk Job
- Nigeria Police (NPF) Recruitment 2020/2021 – Application Form & Portal
- NDLEA Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Details
- Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2020/2021
- NNPC Recruitment 2020/2021 Current Application And Details
- Management Consultant Job – Independent National Electoral Commission
- NCDC recruitment 2020 – Data Officers Job
- FRSC Recruitment 2020 Application – Form, Portal Registration
- Npower Recruitment 2020 Application And Registration Details
- DSS Recruitment 2020 Application And Registration Details
- Apply For The Nigeria Prison Service Recruitment 2020
- Peace Corps Recruitment 2020/2021 – Apply Now
- Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria – Senior Program Officer Job
- House Officer Job – University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2020 – Apply Now
- Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc Recruitment 2020 Job Vacancies – Apply Now
- Nigeria Airforce Recruitment 2020 – Application Form & Portal Registration Here
- Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020 Application Form
- Nigerian Stock Exchange Recruitment 2020 Application Form
- NIMC Recruitment 2020 – Application Details Here
A Bachelor’s degree is required in Public Health, Monitoring & Assessment, Epidemiology, Demography, Statistics, Biostatistics, Analytics, or any related field. Also, a Master’s Degree is preferable.
Eight years of experience in programs developing, setting up, and maintaining M&E applications, ensuring data consistency, and implementing performance-based data-intensive programs.
Experience in strategic information systems with USAID and Global Funds is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The DSI is to possess a working knowledge of the health service information systems in Nigeria and tracking and assessment processes for performance-based reporting in data collection. He/she must have understanding, experience, and expertise in collaborating with community-led organizations.
- Ability to build and use data analytics to assist in program decision-making. Also, the ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external data systems.
- He/she must have the ability to perform sophisticated data analysis using Microsoft Excel, STATA, and Business Intelligence software, allowing finding-based recommendations.
- He/she should be able to portray easily understandable formats/visualizations of complex data sets.
- To prioritize system strategies and resources, he/she must have expertise and work experience in the use of mapping and other related techniques (including computer software programs).
- Excellent English literacy and oral communication skills.
- Awareness of local and foreign tuberculosis cases/happenings.
- Monitoring and assessing services funded by the United States Government.
- Flexibility, ability to work during weekends.
Method of Application
Eligible applicants should forward a detailed resume and one-page cover letter as a single Microsoft Word document indicating suitability for the role to “Deputy- Director, Human Resources” to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, read how to apply for a Senior Program Officer position at the Institute.
Note: The application must clearly state the position applied for in the email’s subject. Candidates are recommended to include email addresses, phone numbers, and three qualified referees. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
You Might Also Like