Senior Program Officer, Prevention Care, and Treatment
Employment Type – Full Time
Job Field – Medical / Healthcare
Experience- 5 years
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Program Officer:
- Work closely with the state TB program team and be responsible for ensuring that all USAID TB-ION programs are carried out in the State. It is anticipated that He/she will lead the TB-LON state team and coordinate all partner activities in the State. He/she will carry out the below duties:
- Help infrastructure and neighborhood assessments to enhance strategic TB programs.
- Help to create awareness and demand for TB services by supporting the State TB program and sub-awardee.
- Lead and engage in capacity building programs for TB service providers from the public and private (formal and informal) sectors.
- Help the State TB system to promote case identification programs, organize timely enrolment, treatment initiation, and monitoring of all diagnosed Drug Prone and Drug-Resistant TB patients in the State.
- Organize & perform frequent health facility and community oversight for the delivery of high-quality TB services to beneficiaries, as outlined in the National guidelines, Organize timely data collection, collation and reporting and assist state TB program in routine data evaluation, interpretation, presentation, and use.
- Help and promote the supervision of public-private mix and TB-HIV cooperation within the State.
- Monitor the timely implementation of the State work plan and budget regularly.
- Prepare reprogramming plans periodically to ensure the alignment of new strategies with the objectives of the project.
- Deploy necessary project management tools to plan, review, and track progress in program implementation and resource utilization, as appropriate, including guide staff and sub-awardees.
- Assist the Project Headquarters in organizing the project according to established strategies to meet key performance indicators (KPI) and impact for ION.
- Ensure that programmatic project efficiency, monitoring & assessment, financial and procurement supply chain management reports are submitted within the specified timelines.
- Develop technical updates, reports, presentations, and provide IHVN management, the Ministry of Health, related ministries, departments and agencies, USAID, and other key stakeholders with strategic information.
- Ensure that sub-awardees and staff comply with all relevant institutional, administrative, and organizational policies, procedures, and donor regulations.
- Carry out additional officer’s duties as delegated by the Technical Director of Technical Programs
These Jobs Are For You
- Surveillance Support Officers Job – NCDC recruitment 2020
- NCDC recruitment 2020 – Surveillance Data Clerk Job
- Nigeria Police (NPF) Recruitment 2020/2021 – Application Form & Portal
- NDLEA Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Details
- Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2020/2021
- NNPC Recruitment 2020/2021 Current Application And Details
- Management Consultant Job – Independent National Electoral Commission
- NCDC recruitment 2020 – Data Officers Job
- FRSC Recruitment 2020 Application – Form, Portal Registration
- Npower Recruitment 2020 Application And Registration Details
- DSS Recruitment 2020 Application And Registration Details
- Apply For The Nigeria Prison Service Recruitment 2020
- Peace Corps Recruitment 2020/2021 – Apply Now
- Institute of Human Virology Jobs – DSI 2020/2021
- House Officer Job – University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2020 – Apply Now
- Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc Recruitment 2020 Job Vacancies – Apply Now
- Nigeria Airforce Recruitment 2020 – Application Form & Portal Registration Here
- Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020 Application Form
- Nigerian Stock Exchange Recruitment 2020 Application Form
- NIMC Recruitment 2020 – Application Details Here
- MBBS or any relevant Degree.
- Masters degree or an equivalent or higher degree in public health, planning and management of health services, or other preferred related fields.
- A minimum of five years in practical experience in initiating, establishing, and maintaining collaborations in TB and other public health initiatives, including the brokering of public-private partnerships.
- Proven leadership, capacity development, planning, and management expertise.
- Demonstrable experience in successfully implementing USAID or other donor-funded initiatives intended to improve the health sector at the national and sub-national levels of government.
- Experience working with key Nigerian stakeholders, particularly in Lagos or other southwest states.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven expertise in teamwork, preparation, and supervision.
- Excellent networking and representational skills;
- Outstanding verbal and oral communication skills in English and presentation skills, with proven knowledge in data analysis and the creation of PowerPoint presentations and other papers.
- Competent in the production, execution, and evaluation of outcomes of operational plans.
- Comfortable preparation and implementation of various tasks under pressure, with tight deadlines and high precision standards.
- Self-motivated with an evident ability to recognize and improve specific work areas
- Capable of conveying complex problems in a concise, accessible, and engaging way.
Interested and eligible applicants should submit a well-detailed resume and one-page cover letter as a single MS Word document explaining suitability for the role to “Deputy- Director, Human Resources” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, read how to apply for the Director of Strategic Information position at the Institute.
Note: The application must clearly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are recommended to provide email addresses and phone numbers with three qualified referees. Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
You Might Also Like