Job Summary of the Librarian
Job Type: Full-Time
Company/Institution: Federal University Lokoja
Number of Slots: 1
Specialization: Government Agencies / Public Sector
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Experience: 15 years and above
Minimum Qualification: Doctorate Degree (P.HD)
Deadline Date: 20th May 2020
The Librarian shall be accountable to the Vice-Chancellor for the university library’s overall management and conditions of university library facilities, its campuses, offices, other research and teaching and, and the entire university community.
Qualifications and Experience
- The applicant must be a library/academic-practitioner
- Possess an excellent Academic degree and a Ph.D. in Library and Information Science from a recognized university with at least fifteen years of cognitive experience, preferably in the university system.
- Have reached the rank of Deputy Librarian or equivalent in a reputable University.
- Have contributed to knowledge in standard journals through research and publications and possessed proven records of sound leadership administration.
- Must be a bonafide member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN);
- A computer literate and skilled in relevant computer applications
The Librarian is a Principal Officer and Head of the Library in the University, the candidate for the post must be visionary and can provide effective leadership.
The candidate must have personal honesty and accountability in private and public life.
Must be able to command the loyalty and respect of the University staff.
Salary/Condition of Service
The University Librarian’s salary and terms of service shall be as received at Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Tenure of the Librarian:
The approved candidate for Librarian’s Office shall serve a single five (5) year term from the effective date of appointment.
Method of Application
Fifteen copies of their Applications, Curriculum Vitae, and duplicates of their qualifications should be submitted by interested and eligible candidates. The Vitae curriculum will emphasize the following:
- Full name (Surname First in Upper Case)
- Place and date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Home Address (Permanent)
- Postal Address
- E-mail Address and Phone Number(s)
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained (with dates)
- List of Publications
- Positions held (with dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary, and Dates
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Learned Societies
- Full Names and Addresses of 3 referees
Applicants are expected to ask their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover; via the address below, directly to the “Vice-Chancellor.”
All Applications should be sent under a confidential cover marked with sealed envelopes, “Position of the University Librarian” to:
Federal University Lokoja,
Lokoja, Kogi State.