The Nigeria Center for Disease Control – NCDC – is the government agency with the responsibility to coordinate the surveillance, diagnosis, and response to outbreaks of infectious diseases.
The NCDC has deployed a new disease monitoring device in the last three years. The Surveillance, Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System – SORMAS – is a program developed jointly between the Nigeria Center for Disease Control and the Helmholtz Center for Infection Research (HZI) to enhance disease monitoring and to identify and handle outbreaks, thereby improving the Nigerian public health service.
Furthermore, NCDC has also assisted states in developing Public Health Emergency Operations Centers to enhance coordination of preparedness and response to outbreaks.
NCDC invests resources at the sub-national level in enhancing health protection, including increasing capacity to effectively prevent, identify, and respond to outbreaks of infectious diseases.
Location: Lagos, FCT, Osun, Oyo, Rivers, Plateau, Ebonyi, Sokoto, Kaduna, Borno, Kano.
Start Date: April 20, 2020
End Date: October 19, 2020
Employment Type: Full time
You Might Also Like
- Surveillance Support Officers Job – NCDC recruitment 2020
- Nigeria Police (NPF) Recruitment 2020/2021 – Application Form & Portal
- NDLEA Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Details
- Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2020/2021
- NNPC Recruitment 2020/2021 Current Application And Details
- Management Consultant Job – Independent National Electoral Commission
- NCDC recruitment 2020 – Data Officers Job
- FRSC Recruitment 2020 Application – Form, Portal Registration
- Npower Recruitment 2020 Application And Registration Details
- DSS Recruitment 2020 Application And Registration Details
- Apply For The Nigeria Prison Service Recruitment 2020
- Peace Corps Recruitment 2020/2021 – Apply Now
- Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria – Senior Program Officer Job
- Institute of Human Virology Jobs – DSI 2020/2021
- House Officer Job – University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2020 – Apply Now
- Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc Recruitment 2020 Job Vacancies – Apply Now
- Nigeria Airforce Recruitment 2020 – Application Form & Portal Registration Here
- Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020 Application Form
- Nigerian Stock Exchange Recruitment 2020 Application Form
- NIMC Recruitment 2020 – Application Details Here
The Duties of the NCDC Surveillance Data Clerk entail:
- Link all data on COVID 19, Lassa fever and other priority diseases (clinical and laboratory data) to the SORMAS platform
- Regular follow-up with reports of all case data submitted to COVID 19, Lassa fever and other priority diseases for testing
- Liaise with laboratory managers to ensure timely release and updating of reports on SORMAS
- Real-time analysis of SORMAS resulting from COVID 19, Lassa Fever and other priority samples of diseases after testing
- Send regular sample status notification
- Follow up with care Clinicians to ensure completion of COVID 19 and LF case management process
- Compile and submit case management forms to SORMAS
- Verify all COVID 19 and Lassa fever treatment center data on the SORMAS platform by comparing it to source documentation (i.e., COVID 19 case management form, Lassa fever case management form, and IDSR 001B)
- Retrieving data from the SORMAS platform as required
- Sort and arrange paper forms (COVID 19 case management form, Lassa fever case management form, and IDSR 001B) after inputting data into the SORMAS platform to prevent data loss
- To follow up with the LGA DSNO, forward information of any record in the laboratory without case data to the NCDC Surveillance Support Officer on SORMAS platform.
- Submit weekly COVID 19 and Lassa fever cases to COVID-19/Lassa fever TWG in the treatment center
- Perform certain assigned tasks
Requisite experience: 2 years of experience using Excel or ODK for data collection
First degree in any discipline
- Skilled in using Microsoft office suite
- Strong understanding of the principles of patient data confidentiality
- Vigilant and have a keen eye for detail
- Good data collection and reporting skills needed
- Smooth verbal communication skills, particularly in the local language of the community and good command of the English language
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible and interested and candidates can apply by submitting their resume and cover letter addressing job requirements as per the advertisement via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job title and preferred state as the subject of the email, e.g., “Surveillance Data Clerk- Lagos State.”
Note: Successful applicants will be contacted and assigned to the preferred state.
You Might Also Like