The Schengen visa got its name from a 1995 agreement that encourages free travel between some member countries of the European Union. The Schengen member states are 26, and they are:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
With the Schengen visa, you do not need to procure the Visa of the other Member States before you are allowed passage at their borders. The Schengen visa allows you to freely travel within the Schengen member States for a maximum stay of 90 days in six months.
Check out these articles real quick.
How to Study in Finland- Apply for Student Visa
Study In Ireland- Apply for Student Visa
Easy Way To Renew A US Visa
Fastest Way to Get A Spain Work Visa
How To Get A Canada Visa Quickly
How to Secure A Visa to Any Country In 2020
Quickest Way to Get Bank Statements for Visa Application
How To Process A Canadian Study Permit Successfully
Fastest Way To Get A Student Visa To Sweden
This information shows a glimpse into how valuable the visa is; it also implies that there is a good chance for your Schengen visa application to be denied. If your Schengen visa application was refused, this article would provide the reasons why, and if you are yet to apply, here are a few factors that can hinder your visa from being approved.
REASONS FOR SCHENGEN VISA REFUSAL
- Criminal record. You will be refused a visa if you are considered a threat to the public policy, internal security or public wealth of Schengen Area. This applies if you are involved in criminal acts such as terrorism, drug abuse, child abuse, and addiction.
- False travel documents. Attempts to misrepresent your identity by using fake identity results in an absolute visa denial and might attract other unfavorable consequences.
- Damaged or invalid passport. If your passport has been handled carelessly and is probably missing some pages, you will be denied a visa. You will also be denied a Schengen visa if you present an invalid passport. That is if your passport has expired or has a valid period less than three (3) remaining months after your return from the visit in the Schengen Area.
- Insufficient justification for travel and condition of intended stay. This is the case when one of the following occurs:
you did not submit the relevant documents; the documents submitted could not ascertain your purpose of stay; the existence of a family relationship was not confirmed with adequate documentary evidence, or the flight and hotel reservations you made were canceled. If the consular officer is not satisfied with the information you made available, your visa application will be denied.
- Null letter of reference. You might be denied a visa if the reference letter you submitted during the visa application was not authenticated by the author. This happens when the letter is lacking the original letterhead bearing the address and contact details of the author or is lacking the stamp and signature of the author.
- Insufficient means of sustenance. The consular officer assumes that you lack the financial ability to take care of your needs if your bank statement of account does not show sufficient funds. This can also happen if you presented a traveler’s check that does not bear your name. Inability to prove your financial capability might lead to a visa refusal.
- False documentation. If the marriage or birth certificate you presented has been falsified, or you failed to have a non-English certificate translated by the authorized translator, this alerts the consular officer to deny the visa.
- Finally, if you have previously floated the Schengen Visa limitations. Either by overstaying in the Schengen Area, or failing to follow the presented travel itinerary, you might be denied a visa.
These are the primary reasons why you were/might be denied a visa. As you begin your application process, take the necessary precautions.
Check These Jobs Out
- Surveillance Support Officers Job – NCDC recruitment 2020
- NCDC recruitment 2020 – Surveillance Data Clerk Job
- Nigeria Police (NPF) Recruitment 2020/2021 – Application Form & Portal
- NDLEA Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Details
- Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2020/2021
- NNPC Recruitment 2020/2021 Current Application And Details
- Management Consultant Job – Independent National Electoral Commission
- NCDC recruitment 2020 – Data Officers Job
- FRSC Recruitment 2020 Application – Form, Portal Registration
- DSS Recruitment 2020 Application And Registration Details
- Apply For The Nigeria Prison Service Recruitment 2020
- Peace Corps Recruitment 2020/2021 – Apply Now
- Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria – Senior Program Officer Job
- Institute of Human Virology Jobs – DSI 2020/2021
- House Officer Job – University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2020 – Apply Now
- Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc Recruitment 2020 Job Vacancies – Apply Now
- Nigeria Airforce Recruitment 2020 – Application Form & Portal Registration Here
- Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020 Application Form
- Nigerian Stock Exchange Recruitment 2020 Application Form
- NIMC Recruitment 2020 – Application Details Here