Surveillance Support Officers Job
Start Date: 20 April 2020
End Date: 19 October 2020
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Akwa-Ibom, Cross River, Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Abia, Osun, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara, Kogi, Kebbi, Borno, Niger, Benue, Gombe, Yobe, Adamawa, Jigawa.
The Duties of the NCDC Surveillance Support Officer Entail:
- Support for SORMAS implementation in the state
- Help the state epidemiologist in the development and implementation of outbreak preparedness and response activities
- Assist the state epidemiologist in improving collaboration between surveillance and laboratory teams
- Provide the State Team with strategic guidance on the use of surveillance data for data-driven decision making
- Offer support, mentoring, and supervision to LGA DSNOs and asst. DSNOs on data collection entry using the SORMAS tool
- Work with state epidemiologists, state DSNO and others as indicated for the study and input of collected surveillance data
- Enable effective use of SORMAS software and troubleshooting issues
- Organize project assessment practices for disease surveillance at the state
- Enhance the practices of the EOC State Public Health
- Liaise with the NCDC Surveillance Team to provide daily input
- Perform all other duties delegated by the NCDC Supervisory Director
A minimum of 6 years’ experience with the surveillance or tracking and assessment framework in Nigeria or fieldwork
First degree in Public Health or any health or biological science-related discipline, Human Medicine, or Veterinary medicine.
Master’s degree (public health preferably)
FELTP training will be an additional advantage.
Check These Out Too
- Surveillance Support Officers Job – NCDC recruitment 2020
- NCDC recruitment 2020 – Surveillance Data Clerk Job
- Nigeria Police (NPF) Recruitment 2020/2021 – Application Form & Portal
- NDLEA Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Details
- Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2020/2021
- NNPC Recruitment 2020/2021 Current Application And Details
- Management Consultant Job – Independent National Electoral Commission
- FRSC Recruitment 2020 Application – Form, Portal Registration
- Npower Recruitment 2020 Application And Registration Details
- DSS Recruitment 2020 Application And Registration Details
- Apply For The Nigeria Prison Service Recruitment 2020
- Peace Corps Recruitment 2020/2021 – Apply Now
- Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria – Senior Program Officer Job
- Institute of Human Virology Jobs – DSI 2020/2021
- House Officer Job – University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2020 – Apply Now
- Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc Recruitment 2020 Job Vacancies – Apply Now
- Nigeria Airforce Recruitment 2020 – Application Form & Portal Registration Here
- Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020 Application Form
- Nigerian Stock Exchange Recruitment 2020 Application Form
- NIMC Recruitment 2020 – Application Details Here
- Experience in operating SORMAS, or any other surveillance device.
- Must reside in the assigned state.
- Experience in handling LGA or State-level data.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Epi Data or SPSS Usability.
- Good compiling, analyzing, writing, and documenting skills needed.
- Ability to carry out tasks independently, analytical thinking, and proper initiative in problem-solving.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues.
- Practical verbal communication skills in the local language of the assignment state and working knowledge of the English Language.
- A good team player with outstanding leadership skills and the ability to collaborate with various background classes.
Eligible candidates can forward their resume and cover letter addressing work specifications as per the advertisement by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job title and preferred state as the subject of the email, e.g., “Surveillance Support Officer- Kogi State.”
Bear in mind that only approved candidates will be contacted and may be assigned to the preferred state.
You Might Also Like